- Make sure the prerequisites mention in the previous section have
- Copy ispy to a directory in your path (e.g. /usr/bin)
- Copy ispy.1 to a directory in your manpath (e.g. /usr/man/man1)
- Copy ispy.conf.5 and ispy.state.5 to a directory in your
manpath (e.g. /usr/man/man1)
- Copy ispy.conf to /etc (or another location, see
ispy.1 for details)
and edit it as appropriate (see
- Initialie ISpy by running 'ispy --reset'
- Add an entry for ISpy in /etc/crontab Note that if the configuration and
state files reside somewhere other than /etc then you may have to specify
their locations on the command line using the -c and -s options.
*/1 * * * * username /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/ispy
See crontab(5) for details on doing this.
- v1.0 - First public release (July 30, 2001)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to:
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place
Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
Last modified 2015-08-24
© 2001-2018 Alexander Hajnal